Monday, March 13, 2006

Sleep deprived Monday

Well, last night I got to bed about 11. I thought it was going to be an ok night until I woke up at 3am. I thought I heard someone knocking on the front door. So, I woke Rob up and made him investigate. We finally figured out it was Piper shaking his kennel to wake us up. Rob let him out to go potty and he came back in pretty fast. We decided to unplug our humidifier. (which I dont think actually humidifies, it just makes a ton of noise) A few minutes later I heard little Buster squeeking and scratching at the door to their room. So, I drug my butt out of bed to let him out again. (they have had some "tummy issues" since trying a new food)
I let Buster out of the puppy room and he ran straight for our bedroom and stared at me. I guess he just wanted to sleep with us. The storm must have scared him. I let Piper in too, and hoped to get some sleep.
As soon as I got all snuggled in bed Buster decided he wanted up in the bed. Rob lifted him up (not an easy task) and he jumped right between us to snuggle. (which he never does) Piper came over and squished up against me. At one point I had both dogs pinning my legs down so I couldnt move.
So, I tossed and turned all night and ended up sleeping with no blankets since I had puppy heat (Piper) instead. He stuck with me all night even though I was apparently snoring so bad I was waking myself up!
So, tonight we are off to get a new humidifier (ionizer?) that is quieter. It is too scary that we cant hear what is going on in the house while we are sleeping.
Well, thats all for the morning. Just trying to stay awake at work today.

No comments: