Thursday, March 09, 2006

Public Service Announcement

Dont go to Target to get groceries in a downpour.
Last night I got off work at 5 and decided to be a nice wifey and go to the grocery store. Well, I got stuck in the parking ramp for over 20 minutes (Mom can attest to this, I was on the cell with her at the time. Poor Mom.) I finally got out at 5:40, and headed to the freeway. It was bumer to bumper and pouring rain (and hail) At this point Mom made me get off the phone because "it terrifies her when I am driving" I guess some things dont change! ;)
I debated driving to Ankeny to go to SuperTarget, or just going home and waiting the rain out. I decided it would probably stop soon and to go ahead and get groceries.
Well, on the way out of Target I decided to be nice and get Rob and I a couple drinks from Starbucks. So, picture this. Pregnant lady with giant winter coat on, cart loaded down with sacks, and clutching 2 starbucks drinks trying to push said 300 lb cart out the door. That was bad enough, but it was POURING rain! I got to the car as fast as I could, and put the coffee in the cup holders in my Cougar. I started tossing sacks of groceries in the backseat. Stepped in a giant puddle that went over my shoe, and was getting hit on the head with hail. Not so fun. The best part was when I got my water logged self in the car and while peeling my soaked jacket off spilled my lovely decaf Marble Mocha Macchiato all over my car. I give up.
So, I sat in the Target parking lot with sopping hair, feet, khakis, and drank what was left of my tasty beverage.
So, moral of the story. Dont get groceries when it is raining. Or at least go somewhere with drive up.

1 comment:

Farmmom said...

Oh my god..that is too funny (sorry but it is) Did you happen to have a video camera running so we could all enjoy the show??? haha!!