Monday, June 05, 2006

The countdown is on...

In 12 hours I will be checking into the hospital. They called today to confirm my induction and it was surreal. It seems strange to think that we are actually having a baby soon. Im terrified about the IV and epidural and anything else pain related, but I am sure I will deal with things as they come. It just seems like such a huge ordeal to go thru, but Im just taking it one thing at a time.
Rob is mowing the yard and cleaned the house up yesterday to make sure its nice for Ellies arrival. We are just taking care of last minute things tonight and double checking everything. Hopefully we will be home soon and I wont have to stay very long in the hospital.
The poor dogs are going to be the most shocked. Rob and I have had so much time to adjust to the baby idea but the dogs will be missing us for a couple days. Then, when we come home we will bring a squirmy, screaming little bundle. I hope they like her! They both do really well with babies though, so I am sure it will be fine.
So, I guess that is it for now. I will post when I get home and try to add some pictures when I can (although I have a feeling that Mom and Jen will beat me to it). Ellie is on her way!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey gurL! Not sure if u'll get this in time or not...but Cory and I are thinking of you 3!!! Can't wait to get the news! You'll do great! Drugs are awesome!

Cory wanted to tell Rob to be sure and bring home a blankie or shirt that Ellie has on (hospital shirts wrk great ~ keepsake too!) Anyhow let the dogs smell the items so they can get familiar with her new smell. Worked out great for us!

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Farmmom said...

My head is swirling with last minute details and nerves.....we will be on our way in the morning.....REady when you are...MOM