Monday, November 07, 2005

Weekend Recap

Friday night- sat on our heineys and watched movies on the On Demand. Not much else!
Sat- woke up bright and early (for us that is 9) and went to Veronicas house. Got the grand tour, and man her house is nice! (and clean, I had to hear about that from Rob) We all went out to Robins and had an early lunch. It was really good, I had never been there before. Rob and John got to meet each other and they seemed to get along well.
We set off for Exira after lunch and made good time. We got to the shower in time to chat with Ronis mom and sisters for a bit before everyone else got there. So strange to meet people who you know so much about (from Roni and all the blogs) They were all super nice and made me feel comfortable right away.
Veronica got some awesome gifts at her shower. I dont think she will have much left to get, which is great. Now, we are all just waiting on that baby! For the record my guess is Girl 7lbs 12 oz and born on 1-1-06.
After the shower we all went out to her parents farm and I got to meet the horses, dogs, cats, ducks, geese and goat. They have some gorgeous paints. The website really doesnt do them justice. I was in awe over Batman! He is so huge yet sweet. I finally got to meet London and she has the sweetest little face. I just wanted to smooch on her all day!
Once all the introductions were over everyone was very hungry. We all went to a little place called Darrells to eat. (not the most glamorous place but they had great food!) I got a breaded chicken sandwich and cheese balls. Yum.
All in all it was a great day! Thanks to Veronicas family for welcoming me into their home and letting me hang out with them. I had a great time.
Sunday- cleaned up the house a bit (Rob cleaned ALL day on Saturday! He did a great job.) I baked up a pork roast and made pulled pork sandwiches out of it. Also baked up some potatoes and carrots. Yum.
Well, its Monday morning and that means a whole week ahead of me. Only 2.5 weeks until Thanksgiving break though. I get 5 days off. Yeah!
It is definitely fall. Rob and I went to Target and bought some new candles for the house. We got an evergreen one and spiced cider. The whole house smelled great yesterday. I am enjoying a Starbucks caramel apple cider right now. It is super tasty!
Well, I guess I should be working or something...

3 comments:

Farmmom said...

Gee what a great weekend!! You are lucky to have such a nice friend as Veronica...glad you didnt bring a paint horse home..

MOM

Veronica said...

It was so fun to have you out and the whole family loved you of course!

Mrs Weidner said...

Well, it would have been okay if you brought a paint home.. just not a sick one. LOL.