It seems that there is something wrong with our seasons. Maybe its the global warming or maybe it is just the fact that Iowa sucks. It seems like winter turned into summer and then summer turned into winter again. Im freezing, and there was frost on the ground this morning!
We have plans to go to a bonfire this weekend and im thinking we may skip it, or at least not stay long. Its only going to be 40 degrees out. Brrrrr!
Crazy Veronica is going camping though, I can say she is alot tougher than I am. I will be hiding under a blanket at home. At least their camper has a furnace!
Maybe part of the reason I am hating the cold so much is that we are keeping our heat at 68 this winter. Apparently heating costs have gone through the roof. Grrreat. Just one more thing to budget. I swear between the gas prices, higher prices on groceries, property tax going up, interest rates going up, and everything else we are paying for we are BROKE!
The good news is that the week is halfway over. Soon it will be Thanksgiving and I will have 5 days off, then Christmas and 5 more days off. Aaaah. Glorious vacation time.
Until next time, try to stay warm!
Wednesday, October 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Reminds me of a little song we used to sing...."Put another log on the fire, bake me up some bacon and some beans...go on out and change that flat tire, then tell me momma why you're leavin' me......" Oh, the ole muppets, they were great! MOM
Post a Comment