Well, we didnt do much this weekend. We went out to eat a lot since we were too lazy to buy groceries! Whoops! We did break down and go to Super Target last night, so Im back on the South Beach. I bought spaghetti squash, zucchini squash, yellow squash, eggplant, romaine etc. Rob wont eat a bit of it either! Oh well, he doesnt know what he is missing out on.
Friday night we were going to have a nice relaxing night at home. Wrong! We got home from work and there was a nasty smell in the house. Buster was sick (again) It wasnt as bad this time as it was 2 years ago when he had hemorraghic gastroenteritis. He was acting fine, eating and drinking but he was "having intestinal issues". I wont go into detail. Last time he cost us almost 1,000.00 at the Emergency Vet. (They are EVIL! They charge at least 5 times what a normal vet charges. None of the vets in DSM do on call, so you have no choice after hours.) I called my backup vet( Mom and Kurtis) and they told me to go get some penicillin and pepto and that should hold him off until I could get to my regular vet. Well, then the race to find a "farm store" in Des Moines ensued. I found a Tractor Supply in Newton (30 min drive) and set off to get some Penicillin. Rob luckily remembered that there might be a farm store over on 14th street (5 min drive) Well, with gas prices the way they are I was so happy to find a farm store closer! Yeah! Got some penicillin, syringes and Ozium and I was off. Im so glad Mom taught me how to give an injection so many years ago. It has really come in handy with this sickly dog.
Saturday morning I woke up early to make a vet appt. Buster was feeling a little better, and his tummy seemed to be less swollen. We took him to the vet and she said we did exactly the right thing! Yeah! She gave him a shot for nausea/diarrhea and gave us some antibiotics. $50.00 is much much better than $1,000.00. We stopped off at our favorite pet food store and then went home. Didnt do anything Saturday night. I was supposed to go to a bachelorette party, but didnt want to leave Buster alone in his kennel if he had to go potty.
Sunday just hung around the house, got groceries and watched the Longest Yard. That movie is pretty funny! See it if you have the chance. Now its Monday, and im back to the daily grind. Hopefully it will be Friday before I know it!
Monday, September 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hmmm....sounds to me like a squash week coming up....Way to go, get right back on the wagon! Better than me, I dont even see the wagon!
MOM
Post a Comment