Tuesday, January 10, 2006

This one is for you, Marsha...

Well, I have been trying to think of things to blog about. I know my aunt is bored out of her mind in Fort Dodge. I think it is the weather and the boring 6 month winter that has gotten me down. There are no barbeques to attend, no dog park outings to report, and no pool parties to host. So sad. The winter is just one long, cold, drab sadness to me. Boohoo.
So, the updates-
1. My belly is stretching and it feels very strange. Apparently my uterus is the size of a canteloupe. Mmm. Canteloupe. Baby is the size of a large onion now.
2. Baby is still not kicking hard enough to feel. We hear him moving like mad on the doppler, I just cant feel it yet. The Dr said I should be able to pretty soon.
3 At the last appt the Dr took one look at Rob and informed me that he is "just going to install a zipper right here" while pointing at my belly. Grrrreat. Although, he is a super nice and very funny Dr, I am not looking forward to a c-section.
4. Buster has yet another horrible yeast/staph infection on his back. I am treating him with antibiotics, yeast pills, allergy pills and a good dose of shame. The reason the little monster got this infection is because he is a little piggy and ate chocolate before Christmas. (see prior post)
He has also figured out how to hold a pill in his mouth and spit it back at you. Not so fun when you have to give him 3 pills twice a day. So, I found a way around it. I hold his snout straight up, put the pills in and hold it shut. Then I use a little bit of the wet food still on the spoon and wipe it on his nose. Then I watch him try to resist licking his nose for about 30 seconds while I make snide comments. Then swallow, lick nose, and victory for Mommy. HA! This baby better not mess with me, or I will put wet dog food on his nose too.
5. Veronica is still out on maternity leave and I miss her desperately. Come back Veronica!
6. ummmmmm. Work sucks??
7. I am hardcore into trying to find a less expensive option for daycare for the kid. We have our name on the list for a great center, but it is 160.00 a week. So, I have started looking into home daycares to see what we can find. It worries me a little, but I know we can find someone wonderful (hopefully for closer to 100/wk). If not, we still have the center to fall back on. So, let the calls begin!
8. My morning sickness is getting better, it hasnt gone away though. Mostly just nausea and the "loud gags" ha ha! Now, im on to Round Ligament Pain. Let me tell you, its no fun.
9. Rob is on the hunt for Girl Scout cookies, I have informed him that if he doesnt find and order me some pronto, its lights out for Robby. He did forward me an email today that someone at his work is selling for their kid. Yippee! Thin mints and Tagalongs here I come!

I think that is about it for now. I promise to try to update more often. It just seems that there is nothing exciting going on, but I guess there must be!

2 comments:

Farmmom said...

very very good blog dear....full of nice little giggles....poor buster (doggie abuse)

Anonymous said...

Okay I will have you Girl scout cookie hook up for the next few years!! Sue