Thursday, January 26, 2006

Allright, that is it. Im complaining!

Waaah! Poor me!
Friday I had a Drs appt to draw my blood for the AFP test. (a test that determines risk for genetic abnormalities in the baby, no results yet) Anyhoo, they needed blood. I am a turnip. You can see how this may have been a problem. Well, 2 sticks later the phlebotomist gave up. She said I needed to go to the lab at the hospital Saturday morning. Ok. Im used to it.
Saturday morning I woke up bright and early to go get stabbed again. They determine that my arms are worthless, but that my hand looks promising. I get stabbed in the HAND! It hurt more, but not terrible.
Fast forward to today. I have a wellness appt at work. I get 100 bucks just for participating. So- Im in! They will retest in Sept and I will get up to 360$ towards my benefit package. Well, they stuck me in the arm and then decided to go in the same hand again. OUCH! This time it really freaking hurt. It continues to hurt. They said that it will swell up, bruise and generally be a pain in the...hand. So, im icing my hand (right hand of course).
Pity me. This sucks.

2 comments:

Farmmom said...

If it makes you feel any better, I had my physical yesterday and after 3 sticks, two nurses, they finally got in..Im all bruised today, so you see my own genetics are even my worse enemy. MOM

Mrs Weidner said...

Ha!! That is something I am lucky enough NOT to have gotten. I am a nurses dream when it comes to veins. They are bright & very much at the surface. Glad I don't have that issue, but sorry you two do!!