Well, Buster had full rights to the house for a few months, then Mommy and Daddy got careless. Apparently it is not a good idea to leave a full pound of Stam chocolate on the floor under the Christmas tree. (DUH!)
I came home from the airport on Friday all excited that our Christmas shopping was done and we could just enjoy the holiday. Wrong! Buster had opened, shredded and eaten every bit of candy in the boxes. He just smiled at me when I opened the back door. He even managed to get the foil off of the cherry bonbons and spit it back on the floor.
I called Rob so mad that I could hardly speak and he told me to call the vet because apparently Buster could implode at any minute.
I callled the vet and said "Hi, my dog just ate a pound of chocolate, im not sure if i am going to murder him or not but I thought I would see if he is going to die" They giggled (i wonder how many calls like this they get around the holidays) and said to feed him some hydrogen peroxide. They said it would "only take a little bit"
So, I called Larry next door and asked him to help me make the fat little bugger vomit. (I have been having my own issues and didnt know if i could handle it) I forgot that he is super squeamish too. Whoops! Well, 2 syringes full of peroxide later and... nothing. I called the vet back and they said that he must have digested it already and it would "come out the other end" Well- Merry Christmas to me!
So, we ended up loading both dogs up and taking them back to Moms house with us. They stayed in the basement in Busters crate. Buster did ok, no messes or anything. Piper was scared to death, but he survived. They hate that basement!
That is all I have time for now, im "working" More to come later!
Thursday, December 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment