Friday, May 04, 2007

Domestic God(dess)

So, yesterday Rob called me on his way home from work. He said "Im going to bake a cake tonight" Its a good thing I wasnt driving, because this isnt something you hear very often from Rob. His specialty is mac and cheese with chili dogs. Not terribly difficult.
I guess the radio show he listens to was talking all day about a chocolate flan cake. (but he hates cake!) Well, whatever they said worked, he stopped at HyVee and bought all the ingredients. He mixed everything up (with a tad bit of supervision from me) and baked it. Its in the fridge now so the flan can set up and we will unveil it tonight for dinner. I plan on taking pictures, of course.
This will mark Robs 2nd cake in his lifetime. Apparently, the last one is a pretty good story too. He baked a boy scout cake depicting the boy scout handbook. (and you can guarantee if I find pics they will be posted)
Now, I think maybe he is just trying to top the kickass strawberry cake I made for Easter. The bar is set pretty high buddy, Good Luck to you. Look for the update later tonight!

No comments: