Thursday, July 27, 2006

Has it been that long already?

I just realized tonight that not only do I not get to check my email, I have not blogged in a while. This new baby thing is tiring!
Ellie is doing great in daycare and everyone there likes her already. It is the most surreal feeling to walk into a house and have everyone yell "It's Ellies mommy!" and have that person be me.
Ellie (aka Bean) is getting so big. She is already out of newborn diapers and wearing size ones. She is also starting to fill out her 0-3 month onesies. So cute! She has the chubbiest little cheeks now. We figured out she must be about 10 lbs now.
She has already had 3 Dr appts. One was her 2 week check-up where she measured at the 50% percentile for head, length and weight. So far Rob and I have attained our goal of making a normal sized person out of a midget and a giant. Pretty sweet.
The 2nd appt was for a rash on her face. The Dr seriously laughed at me and said it was baby acne. Hey- Im a first timer!
Appt 3 was for a wicked diaper rash that has since been cleared with antibiotics. It is amazing all the things that you have to watch out for. She is only 7 weeks! Its all worth it though.
Rob and I have recently got into Netflix since we are home so much. Its much better than renting at the movie store (since we are too retarded to return things on time) Its not so hard to walk to the mailbox. We just finished the first season of Lost. Pretty cool. Im very addicted and cant wait for the 2nd season to come out on DVD.
Im starting to get obsessed with moving to Iowa City, but I think we have some time before it can happen. We are shooting for 2 years. Its just so hard to move and figure out jobs, selling our house etc. There is alot to do before it can become a reality. It is ironic that 7 years ago I wanted nothing more than to move out of the small town, but now I cant wait to get back. So much has changed in so short time. Anyway, Im getting all sappy now.
Later.

1 comment:

Farmmom said...

Isnt it amazing the difference a little person can make in your lifel...and for the better.