Jen came over Wednesday night and watched Ellie so we could go to the Zoo Brew with Tim and Nicolle. It was fun! The Blank Park Zoo has these every so often during the summer. I have never been to the zoo here, so we went. There were wine tastings (amid the smell of goat shit) and I finally found a wine I can drink. (and I did!)
Wednesday Ellie got a little booboo next to her eye. I guess she pulled a Little Tykes refrigerator over onto herself. Oh well, things happen when you try to climb everything in sight. I wasnt too impressed when I showed up Thursday and she had a HUGE goose egg on her forehead. I contemplated taking her to the ER, and called the pediatrician. The nurse gave me signs to watch for, but she seemed fine. (Thank god!) Im not terribly impressed that my daycare provider didnt call me at work to let me know what happened. Needless to say, this was the kick in the rear I needed to get Ellie into a center. We are on the waiting list for our #1 choice and should be in by spring. I had planned on switching when she was 2, so we are just a bit ahead of schedule. I cant wait for her to be with kids her own age, and watch her learn and grow in the classroom. Anyway, pictures!
Have you ever seen a kid so sad?? This was the night of her bad booboo.
Ellie has taken over Robs ragbrai beads. She wears them all over the house with her "purse" which is my camera bag.
Big girl eating at the kitchen table!
1 comment:
It's Sunday night and I can just hear Ellie saying "Hey, bring my grandma back!!" We miss Ellie by the time we hit the edge of town....boo hoo....Grandma
Post a Comment